“Great location, budget hotel, great for a decent bed & shower but nothing else! ”
+ = Great location, comfy bed, fab shower, mobile phone you can take out & use to navigate city!
- = Unfriendly staff & pretty poor customer service. Asked for an iron 3 times & didn't get one, asked again next eve & received one immediately?! Asked for a non-smoking with double bed - was offered 2 single beds in a smoking room?! Kicked up a fuss & they eventually gave us the room we'd booked/requested! Room has odd stains up walls but does have comfy clean bed & shower!
So... If you just want a basic, clean room & shower within a great location with perk of a local mobile phone to navigate then book! Don't book if you plan to spend time in hotel/need customer service!
2016年6月 | 3泊滞在
Good location. Hotel Staffs & housekeepers are pleasant.
2016年9月 | 3泊滞在
“Cheap, but would not return.”
Silka Seaview Hotel is a fairly cheap hotel in otherwise expensive Hong Kong, but lacks quite a bit in the quality and all-roundedness of its amenities and service.
1) Room did not include tissues which is very much a basic bathroom
amenity. I had to use toilet paper to dry my face after returning to the room all sweaty.
2) Cups placed in the toilet were both cracked and leaking on check-in. Had to call room service to get them replaced.
3) Room came with a cellphone that provided free international calls to certain Asian destinations and unlimited 3G connection, but phone could not be powered on at all despite charging it overnight. No instructions were given in the room as well as to how to go about making the international calls.
4) Went for morning breakfast on the 19th floor on the first day, didn't bother returning on the subsequent days of stay. Food was extremely limited and unappetising. Fried rice felt like it was cooked days ago and reheated to serve, hard to chew and not fluffy at all. Save your time and head out to the local cha-chan-teng instead of a taste of piping hot Hong Kong fare.
5) Furnishings were extremely dated and worn out. Bed was very hard to sleep comfortably on, rocks a lot and almost flipped when 2 people sat on one side of it. Sleeping on the bed felt like sleeping on a sheet of plywood covered with a thin duvet without any bedding.
1) Hotel provides shuttle service running between the other hotels within their chain, thus offering easy transportation to various parts of Kowloon without having to spend much on taxis and subways.
2) Located next to Temple Street which offers late night shopping
3) Walking distance from Yau Ma Tei MTR (7min walk)
4) Tons of local Hong Kong style cafeterias located within 3-5min walk from the hotel.
2016年9月 | 4泊滞在
location good,near by restaurant & shopping area, will stay again for next time
2016年8月 | 4泊滞在
Staff not very friendly.
2016年9月 | 4泊滞在
The room is nice and comfortable
2016年9月 | 1泊滞在
“Very convenient location with plenty of shopping and food. Valued for $$”
Will definitely return and recommend people to stay.
2016年8月 | 1泊滞在
Room are small but the price is reasonable.Short walk from Yau Ma Tei station exit B2.Close to Mongkok and Fa Yuen Street.
2016年9月 | 2泊滞在
“Adequate for the price”
location is good, near to Yau Ma Tei Station exit C and temple street.
Lots of food around the area. Mido cafe with good baked rice is just beside. There is another dim sum store nearby that is relatively good, name should be fuk kee.
For the room, the size was only just nice. The length of the bed will not be able to fit anyone who is more than 1.8m.
2016年5月 | 2泊滞在
Near to the MRT station.Clean room.Smart phone provided.